Thursday, November 28, 2013

Week 51 - Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes

I'm starting to come to the end of this fun, sometimes stressful, but (almost) always tasty journey.  There were a few major fails along the way which I chose not to post.  So I guess I have made more than 52 recipes already, but the 51, soon to be 52 recipes are ones I can be proud of and comfortably serve to guests. 

This was another Pinterest find from Remodelaholic which strayed from my usual pancake batter base.  I like using whole wheat flour and found that you really can't notice the difference in taste.  But hopefully my body picks up on the healthy factor!

There is a lot of liquid in this recipe, but found it still lead to a very light and fluffy pancake.  My daughter devoured two of this, which is quite a lot of her little tummy.  So I'd say this is another winner.  Jó étvágyat!


Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries

Directions:
1. Combine all the dry ingredients together i a bowl.  In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs.  Then add milk, sour cream, yogurt, butter, and vanilla.
2. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until combined, but don't work out the lumps!  Fold in blueberries.
3. Ladle batter onto a preheated griddle over medium-high heat, coated with butter.  Cook until bubbles form around the edges and golden brown (approx. 3-4 minutes).  Then flip and continue to cook until that side is also golder brown (approx. 3-4 minutes).


4. Serve with maple syrup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment